Modeling 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAD2015

Computer
Jan 21, 2006
US
How would you create this part?
I can't get the shape below the weld.........
BRACKET_-_ISO_VIEW_covuez.png
BRACKET_-_FRONT_VIEW_zfskdo.png
BRACKET_-_SIDE_VIEW_bawnxk.png

CAD 2015

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If that's the case why don't you import the image into SW make it some what transparent and start tracing the image... its a basic function of SW that's been around for a loooong time. I have used it several times for such thing.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Gryphon Environmental
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Theophilus and Ctopher,

Thanks for your replies.
It is not for a school project.
I am very passionate about CAD design.
I use NX and Catia on a regular basis and SW just once in a while.
I can't create this part either in NX or Catia, I do not know how!!!!!
I am willing to pay someone who would create this part and than explain me he has designed that.

CAD 2015

One of the great things with history-based modeling (like SolidWorks) is if you have the file available, you can see how it was created. Roll back to the first feature, see how things were laid out, and then step each feature forward a step at a time to see how the model was created. I suppose whoever builds it could also answer any questions you have after rolling through the feature tree to see how the model was created.

That being said, this could be a difficult part to create based on some of the parameters I asked about previously. If tolerance/accuracy is relatively broad, we should be able to get SolidWorks to deliver workable results based on the 3D scan images you posted--particularly if you're willing to fine-tune the model after receiving it to do whatever it is you need it to do.

You have our contact info if you'd like to move forward with this.

Jeff Mowry
A people governed by fear cannot value freedom.

Hi Jeff,
Do you have Catia V5 capabilities, too?
I'd like to get this design until next Friday.
Your business e-mail address doesn't work........

CAD 2015

Here I took your images above and scaled them to a 1 x 1 sketch square. You can control the transparency of the pictures by editing the pictures (double click) and using the slider

forks_atwsiz.jpg

Now you can start using these as reference to sketch up your design.

Attached is the file with the images in it... I will let you have this one for free, but if you want more it will cost you $70/Hour for my time to finish this for you [bugeyed]... haha

Good luck,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Gryphon Environmental
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Scott,

Thanks for the link you posted.
Unfortunately, I couldn't open the link you posted (please, see the attached picture).
I am very interested in your offer; learning something new does cost, so I am ready to pay.
Can you send the file you posted by e-mail, please?

Tom Gorman
tom_gorman@aol.com

CAD 2015

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4dc9a9cb-8f6d-44a4-be74-1209a622ecbc&file=SOLIDWORKS_OPEN_MESSAGE.png
He is using SW2016. Upgrade and it will open fine.

Solidprofessor offers a good online course if you do not want to go to a SW course.

Hi, Tom,

Looks like everyone is getting you moving forward. We had a 24-hour internet outage in the area, so I'm just now getting back to the forum.

No, I definitely DON'T have access to Catia 5.

Can you explain the problem you had with my business email address? I double-checked it and it works just fine. (Does anyone else have difficulties with it?) I can send you an email if you like. I'm still working in v2014 of SolidWorks, since the 2015 bugs looked a bit too rich for my taste, and I don't have any clients requiring v2015 for projects.

Jeff Mowry
A people governed by fear cannot value freedom.

Looks like a scan of a very crude stamping welded to a shaft.
Does the model need to be exactly like it? or just be a functional replacement?
Doesn't look like it would be hard to model with traditional features, versus surfacing.
Some sweeps, extrudes, a hole, and a mirror feature, and you're done.

David
Connect with me on LinkedIn. Quote: "If it ain't broke, I must not've fixed it good enough"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back