Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modelling Frame Shear Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisnu666

Structural
Mar 12, 2015
ID

hi guys, i was trying modelling Shear Wall-with abaqus. but i found a problem here.

firstly, please see my model attachment image

the problem is, the moment output SM1 of beam in front of the wall is too small. as far as we know, the beam moment near the wall, should be quite high.

i have already tried it with SAP2000 and manual calculation. their ouput is comparably same.

if there is a doubt that probably i could wrong with inconsistency unit that i use, i am sure that i already checked it.

i tested it on single shear wall on abaqus, the deformation is nearly same with my traditional hand calc. so i am sure that unit is not the problem

i doubt that the problem is in the constraint perhaps. so, anyone can give me and advice to modelling this? 2D shear wall-frame. i read that probably the problem is on DOF shell and beam that different.

thanks in advance.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c720622f-7cfa-446e-81f6-2d4eb7ac2c1f&file=IMG_20180129_082955.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back