Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modelling rotating cylinder by Abaqus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suthama

Mechanical
May 21, 2012
GB
Dear everyon,

I try to run one case study that I got from Abaqus Verification Manual (4.1.37 Vumat : Rotating Cylinder).
But it doesn’t work, it always show an error ‘Node set assembly__m22 has not been defined’.
Cloud anyone please tell me how to fix this error?

I have already uploaded both inp-file and subroutine-file of this case study.
(The present Abaqus version that my university use is 6.10 and 6.11)

Thank you very much indeed.
Any suggestions from you will be very benefit to my research.
Sutham A.

Sutham_eng@yahoo.com

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear IceBreakerSours,

Thank you very much for your immediately reply.
I am sure that my system can run together with subroutine, because I have configured Abaqus with fortran complier already.
In addition, I use to test my system with another case study which has subroutine and it can run properly as well.
I also get rid of the space in the subroutine name as your suggestion but it does not work.
It still show error massage below:

A boundary condition has been specified on node set assembly__m22 but this node set is not active in the model
Node set assembly__m22 has not been defined
Analysis Input File Processor exited with an error.

Could you please tell me what version of Abaqus you work with?
Are there other reasons that can make this kind of error occur?

Regard,
Sutham A.

I am using Abaqus v6.11 with Visual Studio 2008 and Fortran 11 on XP-64 Pro.

"I am sure that my system can run together with subroutine, because I have configured Abaqus with fortran complier already."

Did your system pass the verification process?

"I use to test my system with another case study which has subroutine and it can run properly as well."

If you are saying that you have successfully tested another example (that has a subroutine) from the verification manual on a machine AND the same machine passed the verification process, then I am not sure what is causing your problem. It may be that the older version of the documentation must have had some bug in it, but I seriously doubt that.

Dear IceBreakerSours,

Thank you very much indeed for all of your suggestion.
Now, I know the cause of my problem already.
The problem is that I try to run this case study by using Abaqus CAE, but there are some conditions in inp-file that the CAE cannot support. So, the better way is that I should run this problem by using Abaqus command.
It seems very simple, but it is the new things for me.
Thank you very much indeed.

Regards,
Sutham

Ah! I should have caught that. Anyway, you are correct. CAE does not support certain keywords/material models/elements etc. and the documentation manual is good at pointing such issues out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back