Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modify and align balloons in drafting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandarparab18

Mechanical
May 19, 2016
IN
I am writing catvba script to create balloons and place them.
I have used Generate Balloon cooman in catvba to create balloons in catia drafting file.
For that, i used CATIAStartCommand API. Now i want to allign all the balloons. Is there any method to allign all balloons in drafting view?

Mandar

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know about script, but here's how I do it manually:

After all the balloons are created, I use the Element Positioning tool to align the balloons. Tools + Positioning + Element Positioning

Since this doesn't group the balloons together, I also add a Position Link from the first balloon (with the leader) to all the other balloons in the group.

Thanks Jackk
I am trying to create balloon using catvba.
I used Generate balloon command in my script, but unable to place balloons properly.
Is there any alternate method to generate and place balloon using catvba?

Mandar

Each Balloon is a 'DrawingText' object. Each DrawingText has a position consisting of an X and Y coordinate. You could scan the available 'DrawingTexts' inside the DrawingView and utilize some checks to determine which objects to align and apply the correct positioning for each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back