Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modifying rack and pinion steering system hardpoints...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fariborz90808888

Automotive
Apr 28, 2021
IR
hi

i have modified steering a default Adams/car steering model and i get a steering test in a front suspension model...

the parameters are normal, the suspension has no problems when i tested it separately.

when i modify intermediate shafts hardpoints to the location of the vehicle model, the Adams suspension analysis simulation encounters problems and the adams/car model closes and the window shows "Not responding"... so i can't see where the error happens...

but i know it happens when i modify the intermediate rear and forward shafts hardpoint locations...

also the pinion pivot itself encounters a warning when i change its hardpoint location but the simulation completes...

can you help me through this???

it is annoying. is there another way like changing the joints in the template so the steering can steer to the value of the angle that i want???

appreciate your help

these are steering system hardpoints:

Capture_cjf8zu.png

also the excel file for a quick copy paste:

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i'd like to know how this problem can be solved...

can this be solved by replacing the steering column joints or rather by changing steering hardpoint locations???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back