Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Molasses pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

olmedo

Mechanical
Jul 8, 2001
PH
What type of pump shall I use to pump molasses with 120 tons per hour at 11.5 meters total head ( 2.5 suction lift plus 9 meters discharge head). Sp.gr is 1.4 and viscosity is 10000 cps.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

thanks stanier,

you mentioned using screw feeder, i guess this is for horizontal suction line. Is it possible to install the pump above the liquid molasses level and be able to lift molasses at the suction ( suction lift)?

Hi Olmedo,
I never heard very thick fluid at suction lift. Usually we use auger feeder to feed the pump.
Beside mono pumps, we can use piston pumps like Putzmeister or other concrete pump brands...
Remain with kindest regards,
Muwardi Santoso

You might give these people a call they list about 4 types of molasses they pump.

Like stated above by mmmumuw I don't recall a material with high viscosity being pumped without a little suction head. On some highly viscous molten organic acids we used submerged pumps.

Dear Olmedo,
I have some brochures of it. But when I see the manufacturer's homepages, I just find a showroom there. Perhaps I can scan the brochures. Reach me at santoso.muwardi@bumicahayaunggul.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back