Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mold for cable tie 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

adavidi

Mechanical
Feb 14, 2001
IL
Does anybody know about manufacturer, in Europe, that produces cable ties?
I develop a unique cable tie and I’m looking for some one to build the mold and to inject the products.
Thanks, Aharon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not know of anyone in europe that has experience with cable ties other than RICHCO.

I have experience with at least 2 cable tie projects. I am based in Florida with manufacturing facilities in the Chicago, IL area and Malyasia. Just in the case you have an interest. Please post back to this forum.

Live Aloha

I do not know of people in Europe that make cable ties, but I am certain that they exist.

If you need help in designing your product, I can help. insideman@worldnet.att.net

Hi Live Aloha,
Please tell me more info regarding cable tie manufacturing in Chicago and Malyasia.
What is your experience with them?
Thanks, Aharon

Aharon,

Thanks, for posting back!
I am a Plastic designer and was trained in one of the finest design/prototype companies. During my tenure there, I had seen two cable ties come through the company that were used for securing cables in the electronic industry. Plus we helped to develop the first zip cable (you know, the nylon one with mulitiple undulations and the strip locks onto itself in a ratcheting method).

However, I am still doing design work and represent a company which was started by past employees of the prototype company. This applies to the company in Chicago.

The company in Malyasia is very good but the issues that needs to be dealt with is the 10 week lead-times on delivery and the product should be proven here in the states prior to sending it overseas. The Malyasian company is reliable and molds many different components. Easy geometries to high tolerance medical parts. The downside is the long delivery...... which is not very bad, if you plan ahead.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Frank

Live Aloha

I just thought I would jump on the band wagon.

I am a consultant plastics engineer We have many companies producing tooling and moulding cable ties here in Thailand. A great advantage of this is the material costs and labour costs are low. Export should be quite ecconomic also due to the packaging density of this type of parts.

If you would like to talk further I would be more than happy to help.

Aharon,

If you have the design already done, it would be quite easy to establish tooling feasability and costs, and start with a program of prototyping.

If your product is still in concept stage and not drawn up yet we have to consider the function of the part in relation to the mechanical properties of the chosen material and tool feasability.

There are many aspects to consider, if you would like to continue discussing then I suggest we make first contact through E-mail.

chaving@yahoo.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back