Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moment on Solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protte

Industrial
Jan 11, 2013
DE
Hello all

Im new in the world of Siemens NX Femap. After some small analyses i found some wired thing. I added a moment on a solid. But it dont cause stress. Searched may elements have no rotation but didnt found anything. So I just ask you:

As example and sandbox model I used a staff which is fixed on one side.

Applied.png

VanMiss.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello!,
Solids don't have rotating DOF, then if you apply a moment is useless.
The key here is to use "Model > Load > ON SURFACE > TORQUE", enter a Magnitude and Phase (if needed), then specify a vector representing the axis the load acts about. FEMAP will convert "internally" your nodal moments in a combination of forcerxdistance, this is the task of the preprocessor that FEMAP do very well. In order to see your resulting loads converted properly, use command "MODEL > LOAD > EXPAND".

torque_layout.png

torque_ures_animated.gif

Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48011 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: Blog de FEMAP & NX Nastran:

use a rigid to the nodes at the end with new node at center, and apply a moment on the center node. Works to.

Hello thank you for the answer,

I tried it in both ways. First my analytic solution for the problem. My sandbox element is a rectangle profile with 100 mm x 100 mm and a length of 1000 mm.

rechnung.PNG

After I added a Torque of 1knm at the center of the surface and direction of x-aches. (Point and Direction)
I got the right solution

URL]

Next test I used a Rigid 3 element. Added a new node at the middle of the surface. Connected them to the every node on the surface. Options shown in picture.

URL]

Solution looks not so bad. I got 4 pick points at the connection points of the rigid. That should not be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back