Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbelGus

Industrial
Jan 12, 2005
US
Has anyone had experience with the Dell Ultrasharp 2208 WFP Monitor? I need to replace my ailing CRT. Not asking for promotion or sales - just useful review of its pros and cons for AutoCad.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have a 4 year old HP Pavilion that I run AutoCAD on. I recently upgraded my monitor to a 22" Samsung SyncMaster 226BW. It works excellent but beware, if you are upgrading your monitor, you may also need to upgrade your video card like I did.

Tim

I just did replace my old HP Workstation with a new Dell, with an Nvidia 512MB video card, so I am OK there. I think that when I replaced the four going on five year old computer, I realized that the CRT was going on ten.

Thanks for the recommendations.

I’ve just got a 24” Acer, it seemed to be about half the cost of the competition (200gbp so under 400 bucks).

Screen is good and sharp, only downside is can see is no usb hub and no digital input but it works just fine via a vga cable.

AbelGus,
I recently purchased several of the monitor you mention for all of our Autocad workstations and they work very well. This monitor has the matte/flat screen rather than many of the high gloss screens you find. The matte screens are generally preferred for Autocad users. As mentioned in many of the previous posts, there are plenty of great monitors out there. As far as the monitor you specified, we have had very good results with Autocad. I cannot think of any cons but as far as the pros we like the matte screen, the USB ports, and the ability to move the screen in all directions, including vertically, not to mention the clear picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back