Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBow123

Mechanical
Oct 17, 2007
US
Our department is looking at purchasing some newer monitors. What is the maximum size that would be recommned to use at a normal work station? What monitor configurations seem to work best for Pro-E, Wide screen etc.

Your input is much appretiated?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The maximum size really depends on your workstation configurations rather than the software. You want to be able to see all of the screen without having to move your head around. If you have tight workstations, you may be more comfortable with smaller screens, while a roomy station alows for bigger screens.

I would recomend going for dual monitors. It is amazing how much more productive being able to view things side by side is. As far as size goes, a 23" wide screen works just fine for me in my office (well two 23" wide screens). I would recomend the wide format, other wise the graphics window seems a bit smushed since there is the model/layer tree on the left.

For budget reasons just use whatever you have now in addition to the larger ones you are buying, at home I use a 24" wide screen along with an older 17" square screen. Whatever you are working on goes on the big screen, and whatever documents or drawings you are referencing goes on the little screen.
-AAFuni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back