Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitoring with API

Status
Not open for further replies.

packmen

Mechanical
Aug 31, 2001
BR
hi all,
I would like to know if there is a way using api or any other way to modify custom properties of a part if i use a specific feature, what i want is when i use hole wizard (tapped ones) the custom property "PROCESS" changes to "HOLE". but i dont want to run a macro after i finished the part, i want Solidworks to monitor the actions i do and if i use holy wizard the property is changed.I know how to use api, i just need the monitoring code or the functions name, i don't want this to make solidworks slow though.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You would want to make this as an addin. To "monitor" actions, you need to use object events. This requires early binding and dimensioning objects using the "Withevents" keyword. Then you can keep track of features as they are created and deleted and then act accordingly.

An article about early binding:
<
[bat]Honesty may be the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.[bat]
-SolidWorks API VB programming help

Do you have an up to date method of creating an addin from a macro in vb 2008 express? I've tried to follow your old one, but VB6 is just not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back