Monoflange according to asme b16.34 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng.Husky

Industrial
Aug 17, 2023
NL
Hi everyone,

Asme b16.34 covers valves with flanged, threaded and welded ends.

Can i consider a monoflange as a flanged end valve according to asme b16.34?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The internals might correspond to B16.34, but this is not a flanged end valve to 16.34....

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Please refer to paragraph 6.7 in ASME B16.34 for wafer or flangeless valves. Your monoflange valve appears to be this type of valve and if it complies with the requirements of paragraph 6.7, then it is within the scope of B16.34.

Could you please help me with this issue?

Paragraph 6.7 shows that a flangeless valve shall conform to the applicable requirements for flanged valves and the requirements of Paragraph 6.7.

I don't see a specific paragraph about flanged valves, only paragraph 6.2.2 Flanged Ends. The requirements in 6.2.2 contain only information about the flange and not about the valve itself.

My questions:
1. Must a flangeless valve meet the requirements of paragraph 6.2.2 Flanged Ends? or
2. Did they mean with “requirements for flanged valves” the general requirements throughout the standard?

Thank you very much for your time.

You have the right paragraph for flanged valves. It is 6.2.2. It says, "Flanged ends shall be prepared with flange facing, nut-bearing surfaces, outside diameter, thickness, and drilling in accordance with ASME B16.5..."

Flange facing is applicable
nut-bearing surface is not applicable
outside diameter is not applicable
thickness is not applicable
drilling is applicable, but also meets the additional notes in paragraph 6.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back