Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOSCAD to Wonderware - Pinout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoHoCa

Mechanical
Jun 19, 2006
US
Hello Motorola MOSCAD fans! I saw that with tongue in cheek.

We are configuring a new Wonderware HMI data acquisition server. It will either communicate with a MOSCAD Series 400 CPU via 9-pin serial port, or via a serial-to-TCP bridge device. It was suggested to me that the DB-9 cable for this purpose (Wonderware HMI as master, MOSCAD FIU as slave) has a special pinout. I have the MOSCAD Appendix A (RS232 Adapter Cables) document, and I assume the pinout is per PDF page 175 titled "connection to a computer or terminal". Can anyone confirm that this is the correct approach?

I have also been told that that pinout varies from the pinout we use to download applications to MOSCAD (via local computer port). Neither pinout is straight-through. Can anyone confirm that there are indeed two separate non-straight pinouts for these two purposes?

Thanks so much for any advice or confirmation.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There probably aren't many MOSCAD users here. But let me simplify my question in case someone tunes in:

Has anyone had success connecting a MOSCAD Series 400 CPU (as FIU), using the Modbus MB2MPLC1 flash file, via a 3rd party protocol converter (serial-to-TCP) in order to use ModbusTCP I/O servers for monitoring and control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back