Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Motion Study Motor Randomly Stops during Calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

heritagesurf7

Mechanical
Jul 13, 2010
US
In my never-ending quest to run into Solidworks Issues, I have completed everything in my project (that you guys helped me get to), and now I am trying to render the animation. My last piece is applying an oscillating motor.

Issue: when I apply the motor and click "Calculate" it will begin drawing the yellow lines indicating a moving part, but then it will randomly start and stop at different points along the timeline. Every time I delete and re-apply a new motor, or suppress and re-do the calculations, the breaks are at different spots.

It is not the model being fixed or defined a certain way (I have already triple checked that). It is also not the computer. It is literally brand new computer my job got me specifically to use for solidworks.

What do you guys think?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just because it's a brand new computer doesn't mean that it's not the computer. Software conflicts, driver conflicts, incorrect drivers...all these can contribute to problems.
That's not to say SolidWorks doesn't have its issues. I've been fighting with Simulation for a day and half now...

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
Design Manager/Senior Designer
M9 Defense
My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back