Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Motor Protection Powerpoints???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodLechelt

Electrical
Aug 31, 2002
CA
I am looking for some powerpoints on motor protection and motor failures. Does anyone know of some good visual powerpoints in this area? I want to get away form the product informaiton powerpoints, and focus more on the theory behind motor protection, and the causes of motor failures. Thank you very much,

Rod Lechelt

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello RodLechelt,

Go to:
click on 'Industry Info' and then on 'Failures in Three Phase Stator Windings'.

Although this is not a powerpoint presentation, it contains great pics of motor failures together with descriptions of fault cause.

I may be able to provide a link with more specific details/strategies for protecting motors at a later date.

Have fun,
GGOSS

The presentation on EASA was exactly what I'm looking for. Any type of presentation with images of failures and relevant information is perfect.
Thanks, and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello RodLechelt,

In my post of March 28 I had indicated that I may have been "able to provide a link with more specific details/strategies for protecting motors at a later date". Unfortunately it has proven somewhat more difficult than originally anticipated to guide you to the information I had in mind, however in an attempt to redeem myself I would like to refer you to a related article that I posted on another engineering forum some time ago. This discusses motor protection trip classes and aims to eliminate the more common misconceptions people have about the subject. Please feel free to look at:

I hope you find it interesting!

Regards,
GGOSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back