Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move, Copy, etc commands on AutoCAD 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

kander

Mechanical
Jan 20, 2005
Recently moved to 2007 and having a little glitch with move, copy, etc commands.

For example, you draw 2 circles on the screen side by side. You wish to move both circles from cirle 1 centre to circle 2 centre. You select move command, select both cirles, select the centre of circle 1 as you base point, however when you move to new location (circle 2 centre) it has vanished. Older versions of Acad allowed this. Now have to draw line from circle 2 centre to remember this location.

Please help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Kander

Check the variable PICKADD if it is set to 0 you must hold the shift key to individual objects with multiple picks, if set as 1 you can just pick each object with out the shift key.

David

do you mean that the auto-object snap point for circle 2 center no longer appears without having to actually enter the cen before selecting the 2nd circle ?

C. Fee

cfee, that is exactly what I mean. you have to draw a line from the centre of circle 2, or place point i.e. 100@90deg, etc

thanks for the help guys but this still isn't cracked.

The problem seems to only occur when I have one of the shadings turned on.

i.e. Display set to 3D realistic shading. I have a 3D cube solid. I want to move it with the base point one corner, but when selected to move it will not snap onto any of the corner of the block, only onto another solid or 2D object. Turning the display to 2D wireframe seems to fix the problem, but I prefer to work in 3D realistic shading.

Is this a new feature to Acad 2007?

The PICKADD command seems not to make a difference.

Thanks again,
Kev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back