Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

MS Project 98 SR-1 & Windows 2000 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcaudill

Electrical
Jan 20, 2003
US

I am running Microsoft Project 98 SR-1 on Windows 2000. When I try to do a "Save as" from the File menu I get an error message instead of the "Save as" dialog box. The error message is: "There is not enough memory to display the Save dialog box." In the error message dialog box I am prompted to save the project files as a temp (.tmp) file. When I go into Windows explorer and change the .tmp to .mmp I am able to open the project as per usual.

Anyone know what could be causing the error?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi gcaudill,

have you figured out the cause and resolution of this error message? i have encountered the same and need desperately to solve so that i can print project. help!

I have not found the cause of the problem. Someone mentioned to me in passing that maybe it is because the installation CD was a copy of the original, but it's not to my knowledge.

Good Luck!

You probably already tried this but here goes:

Save the projects with your tmp extension. Then completely uninstall then reinstall the program paying special attention to any installation options that may be offered.

It's been a long time since I inatalled MS Project and can't remember if there are install options --- if I recall correctly there is a minimal installation and a normal or recommended install. Choose the recommended installation.

Hope this helps

ietech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back