MS Project and PWA uploading

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosy07

Computer
May 13, 2009
US
Hi All,

I am working on MS Project and have an existing project on the hard drive. I am connected to Project Web Access and can open a new project from there but cannot upload the existing project. I need to upload it so everyone can have access to it and make necessary changes.

Does anyone know how I can do that?

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The project needs to be imported into the server.

1. Is the project schedule the same level of software as project server. Only 2003 files can go into a 2003 server and 2007 files go into 2007 servers.

2. Tools --> Enterprise Options --> Import project to server. You will be put into a wizard that will walk you through the import process. During this time project level codes will be added. Resources will need to be replaced with enterprise resources and the project will need to be saved and published. You might also be creating a Sharepoint site for managing the project.

One more thing, you will need permission to do this. In the security for project server there is an option that says that the user has permission. The default for PM's is yes but it might have been turned off.

Good luck --

ellen@lehnertcs.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back