MS Project - Resource help req

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statesman

Mechanical
Jul 26, 2002
GB
Hello,

In Project how do you attach resources to a task ?
Example: One of my tasks involves draughting and checking. If I have the one task (Draughting of component) which will take 15 man-days draughting and 4 days Engineering checking. How do I assign those to it ? If I want to add more than one designer to it, (say 3 to reduce the time taken to 5 days) How do I do that ? Do I say my designer resources are 300%. Sorry if this is a bit simple, I am fine at laying out the plans (SS+3etc). but have never been involved with the resource allocation before.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You'll need to insert the "Work" and "Resource Name" columns. The Work column contains the hours required for the task, while the other contains the resources. You can use [50%] immediately after the name to only assign a 50% load. Resources are separated by commas.

Be careful when you make edits, sometimes Project will make assumptions about what you intend to do.

When you reallocate resources, check the results in the resource usage table. Project used to have a bug with reallocations. If necessary, you might need to clear the resources and enter from scratch.

TTFN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back