MS Project server 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

john5042

Computer
Jun 30, 2003
GB
Hia all

The company where i work have a number of standard Project licences but are thinking about buying MS Project server 2002.
I was wondering if you require MS SQL server inorder to use Project server (we do not have this and will not be able to get funding for it), is there an alternative ?

Also if anyone knows any good sites relating to Project server - just then i can get a general feel for the software.

Thanks lots
Martin Hayes

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

According to Microsoft's website it is required in addition, you must be running a minimum of Windows 2000 Server. If you want to make the project information available for online viewing for investors, customers or sub-contractors it also requires MS SharePoint Services (which require Windows 2003 Server)

Here are some links to the MS website that should prove useful ...

As far as sites, I'm looking for them myself online right now and will post any that I think are valuable.

Project Server isn't all that expensive though. Especially if you purchase it through a second party like your outsourced network services. They can usually get it at much better pricing. We are looking into it as well and estimating that it will cost about $1600 for the Project Server and $2500 for SQL server. I believe there are a couple of Windows based SQL alternatives, but I don't know how stable or developed they are and wouldn't trust that they'd interface w/ Project Server correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back