Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

MS V8 Using TrueType Fonts in a Translated DWG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardMan

Computer
Nov 19, 2002
US
I have a MicroStation V8 DGN that was translated from an AutoCad DWG, when I open the file in MS V8 I always get an informational in the 'Message Center' that states:

"Replaced missing Windows TrueType Font SIMPLEX
Replaced missing Windows TrueType Font SIMPLEX with default True Type font . Some text may not display correctly. Make sure that the True Type Font is installed in the system."

I am POSITIVE that the SIMPLEX True Type font is installed in my Windows 2000 as a 'system font',as well as a couple of other True Type fonts it references not being installed. Why do I continue to get this error message?...Also, how does MicroStation V8 determine which of my installed TrueType fonts is the 'default True Type font'???

Any help appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

LizardMan,

1. Have you seen my whiny comments/threads about V8 here?

2. With Microstation you have to install fonts to the font.rsc file (or table). Utilities>Install Fonts is the menu and the prompts/dialog boxes you see should guide you fine.

3. V8 is FUBAR. I'm nearly convinced that the V8 that's on the market is a beta-version that shouldn't have been released for another six months.

4. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM regarding the Simplex font. Using TrueType fonts in Microstation, though it might seem logical, good idea, etc. isn't. Stick with MIcrostation fonts and hope that alt-keyboard strokes will work for special characters (trial and error works with the fonts; I've found that INT_ISO gives me the least amount of problems). To solve the problem, change all the text to a Microstation font.

5. I figured that V8 would solve my problems with importing DWG files (previously I'd import DFX files into Microstation J and have at it; sometimes it worked, sometimes not, but I got along). It certainly does import DWG files but the fonts, ugh, the levels, ugh, lots of stuff: UGH!

Lizard dude ...
Follow Dave's item 2.
Installing the font is the solution.

I gave Dave a star for the solution and the funny insights to V8.

I wish I had to V8 here to solve Daves' problems but I don't. I refuse to believe that V8 is that FUBAR'd. But then again Dave might be on to something.

Later guys!
[spin]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back