MSC Adams: Weird measurement axis fonts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhm16688

Student
Mar 25, 2024
US
Hello all,

I just downloaded & installed MSC Adams. When using Adams View and taking measurments the plots show weird almost unicode like characters instead of where the axis and legend should be:

Screenshot_2024-03-28_203721_fzlbwf.png

Does anyone know what's causing this or how to fix?
I get those same weird characters when transferring to full plot

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi! I work at Hexagon and focus on helping students and teachers.

Which version of Adams are you using? Is it the latest student edition or is it a commercial release like 2023.4? What are your language settings?

Please give me more information on how to reproduce your problem; if you can share your database, that might be best. If you're doing a specific tutorial, that would be good to know, too.

Hey Alex,

Which version of Adams are you using? Is it the latest student edition or is it a commercial release like 2023.4?
This is the 2020 version

What are your language settings?
Default, nothing besides windows standard English package

Please give me more information on how to reproduce your problem; if you can share your database, that might be best. If you're doing a specific tutorial, that would be good to know, too.
The problem for me is produced as soon as I try to take any measurement for any force, displays like that doesn't matter the object or any other variable etc.

What you're describing is unusual. 2020 is pretty old. Are you able to upgrade? We have free student editions here: including for Adams View. If you needed Adams Car and were on a competition team, you could get a free license for that through another mechanism.

It would be best if you could upgrade. If not, it would be difficult to get support to address a bug in an old version of the software. Still, if that's your situation, I can ask around.

@GregLocok:

This occurs even with data to plot, I just used an empty measurement plot for presentation.

@Alex Szatmary:

I am downloading the newest version of Adams View and will let you know if this fixes my problems. Thank you, you have been very helpful thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back