Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSC Nastran : error termination due to out-of-range forces (NaN detected on processor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas13

Materials
Aug 30, 2016
ID
hi everyone
I have question about FEA software / CAE ( MSC.Nastran- Patran)

I simulate object using explicite dynamic, but I get problem, the software doesn't finishing proses and give information in output file (.dytr.out) that it

*** termination due to out-of-range forces
number of nodes has out-of-range forces 29584

*** termination due to out-of-range forces
number of nodes has out-of-range forces 54490

*** Error 40455 (SOL+455) (processor # 1)
NaN detected on processor # 1

*** Error 40455 (SOL+455) (processor # 0)
NaN detected on processor # 0

*** Error 40456 (SOL+456) (processor # 0)
NaN detected.
Please check message file from processor for detail.

E r r o r t e r m i n a t i o n

Anyone can you help me ? explain about why it can happen and how to solve about it. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi

I don't use Nastran with Dytran. I have, however, seen the "NaN" error in other applications and that can be due to division by zero, NaN can mean infinity.

I don't know it that helps.

Good Luck

Thomas

Thanks you Thomash,
I will check again data input in this software,
if still have problem , maybe I try to enlarge the mesh for reducing the nodes number

you have singularity somewhere.
when you run a sol103 (modal) analysis, you will get singularity grids in your *.f06 file.
check those nodes after you run a sol103, those are your problem most likely.

how to fix it?
you really need to go into the physics of your model and figure out why you are getting singularity at those grids after your sol103.

Spaceship!!
Aerospace Engineer, M.Sc. / Aircraft Stress Engineer

thanks you @aerostress82
in this case , actually I using Sol 700 ( explicit dynamic ) , I don't know what it have relation with singularity dan sol103. But I will try to read again about your suggest in tutorial book.

Can I ask another question about nastran ? it is different about previous issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back