Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mulitple plot from AutoCAD LT 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

bot1357

Electrical
Mar 31, 2003
GB
Does anyone have a typical script file for doing a multiple plot from AutoCAD LT 2000. I have downloaded the scripteeze software and think I have worked out how to use it.

Your help would be great because I am shite at writing scripts.

Regards
Danjo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry about this....I also have the added problem of the plot configuration.

My main need for batch plot is to convert 200+ drawing into pdf format. I have the pdf writer software but the plot configuration is set to print out a hard copy! Is there any way you can write into the script to change the plot configuration?

Regards
Danjo

If you download ezscriptpro - freeware for cad users, at ezscriptpro.com, then email me at support@ezscriptpro.com I will send you the setup to convert from dwg to pdf files. Its too complicated to post here. But I convert all the time.

Mycad2

Hi,

I am using a program called Multi-Batch (multi-batch.com), it has many pre-made features and you can add your own. It costs 33$US and it has been well worth the money.
In your case, you can make your own plotter settings (pdf writer) and apply it to all the documents.

Regards,

Tom

I had a similar problem once, prints not coming out exactly the way I like them or batch plotting and some prints coming out portrait or landscape. So I wrote a script for it, and it uses the -plot command, and puts in the settings each time that you set. The only problem is you should have the scriptpro that comes with express if you have it. If you do I can send you the scripts for batch plotting.

From there, using the scripts I created, you pick your drawings you want the script to apply too, pick your script, hit enter and get some coffee.

For your reference, when using -plot, it overrides the drawings settings it has stored for what it thinks it should plot out on. That way I was able to specify, what printer, what plot style, what layout, what scale and so on. Type it in and you'll see the opitions it will give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back