Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multi page BOMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

swhits

Military
Feb 3, 2005
US
I have a large assembly, with 95 parts. Is there a way to get part of the bill on a second sheet WITHOUT converting it to text. The UGS tech help said this couldn't be done.. yet. I cannot believe no one has encountered this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can't remember all the details to the trick I used, but it dealt with the spacing in between Columns of the BOM (by columns, I don't mean each individual column like "item number" "qty" "part number" "Title" etc., I mean between each group of columns as defined by your header).

You start out with find number 1 on the first sheet and let the BOM run off your page. Only the portions of the BOM on the drawing sheet will print.
Create a second BOM from the same view. Move it to sheet 2 and then slide the whole mess over so find 1 and all the other items that appear on sheet one are off to the side.

--Scott

Don't know about second sheet, but what sheet size are you using.

I'd expect 95 items to fit on a D or E no problem.

You'd need to use more then one 'column' of parts list but should fit.

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

You can't split the parts list over 2 sheets but you can format it to fit better on one sheet.
You could do what Swertel suggests, but then that's 2 parts lists to maintain, and it could cause some confusion later.

RMB on the parts list then click the Size/Placement tab.
In here you can control the height of the list, so that you can use the max available for your sheet, or get it onto 2 similar height columns.
If your list extends over into another section, set the 'Section Gap' to give a separation between the 2 parts of the list.
The location point can be set to any corner of any section.

bc

I never thought of what swertel suggests, I'll try it out.

You don't need to create a second BOM. Just copy the first one and paste it in the following sheet. The copy remains linked to the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back