Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi-point constraint

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanch35000

Mechanical
Nov 3, 2006
FR
Hello everybody,

I work on indentation problem and I would like to realize a special mesh.
I wish I used MPC elements, to make my mesh finer next to the contact zone and then make it less precise far from this zone.
I wanter to create a railing of node to begin, and then, use only nodes that I want to create elements.
To begin, I want to mesh a small part of the railing ( square) I use the command NFILL to make nodes, and then define the number of elements that I need ben *ELGEN command. My problem is the following, When I want to test my model, only with the small part meshed, Monitor tells me that the number of elements is inconsistent in *NFILL REQUEST. I find it normal, because, in this command, I must define every nodes of the railing, but I use only just a few... In the models ameliorations, I'll use every nodes, that's why I make a railing.

Can I only define nodes for every parts f the mesh by *NFILL defining all the nodes of the model? Or do I have to use NFILL request every time I make a part?

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, I hope you'll understand my problem because, I'm not always very clear...

Thank you very much

Regards.

Fanch

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Fanch,
Why don't you NFILL *all* the nodes so that you use the correct number of nodes in each of the two node sets, but only define the elements you need using *ELEMENT and *ELGEN? In other words, generate all the nodes correctly; but only use a subset of them to form the mesh.

Hello, and first, thanks a lot for being interested in my problem.

When I use *NFILL command, and then, generate nodes. The commands *ELEMENT ( where I define the reference element and its nodes, isn't it?) and then *ELGEN , where I generate an element assembly, the number of rows, the incrementation in element numbering, the number of vertical lines, etc, don't they depend on the number I defined in *NFILL before?

In the case of yes, I have to enter a new *NFILL every time I want to create a part?

Sorry, I begin on Abaqus and I don't kown yet every possibilities for mesh generating.

Thanks a lot.

Fanch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back