Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple motion sensors for one lightning circuit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deion

Electrical
Jun 30, 2021
US
I have a little complex task. Its working overall, but i want to understand some strange acting of the motion sensors.
Basically 3 lightning circuits to control with 4 motion sensors which are the same EGLO detect me 6.

1., The sensor 1 lets say M1 and the sensor 2, lets say M2 controls the S1 circuit with 7 spots (5 watt each). The active switched voltage is going to two separated relays' A1, so it is separately giving the sign to the circuit to work.
2., I got 4 spots "S2" controlled by the "M3" sensor -> working fine
3., I got 7 spots "S3" controlled by the "M4" sensor -> working fine

Every spot is 5w and connected the same way (paralell).

When the system is starting up, i put on the switch to make everything work, the M3 and M4 sensors are clicking twice and working good after, BUT the M1 and M2 sensors are clicking three times not in synchron with the others (M3, M4) which are working good. After a little time, M1 and M2 start working as it should be, but its not a normal start like on the two other circuits...

For first time it was like six clicks for M1 and M2 opposite of two clicks on M3 and M4. After i made the relays built in and putting the switched L to the A1 points on the relays. So now its only 3 clicks, BUT i totally dont know how it can happen. Its like these sensors booting up slower than others. I tried to change them but seems the problem is related to the M1, M2 circuit somehow.

If you can help me at least a little that would be nice, i want to understand it.

Thx in advance.

Apogeeweb Semiconductor Electronic

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If the sensor is (you should have provided the link) it looks like they are intended to control a single lighting circuit, so how 4 sensors are wired to 3 circuits is a mystery. But then you say there are relays - no part numbers, no configuration given.

As far as "clicking" is concerned, you may have to contact EGLO directly as the online documents say nothing about clicking.

It also seems like you aren't using the sensors directly as EGLO suggests but are using them to drive relays. I expect that the idea is to logic OR the relays so that either sensor causes the lights to come on. I expect this can be done by putting separate relays in parallel or finding someone who makes line voltage relays with dual inputs. If you are wiring the sensors directly in parallel then I would expect unexpected behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back