Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple sections lines with the same section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aroundhere

Petroleum
Sep 21, 2006
US
I have a long cylinder type part that has 4 or 5 of the same 10-32 bolt patterns. Is there a way to show several section lines of the same letter without creating multiple sections or having to draw in leaders and freehand section lines?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well,
I wanted to show the section line at these locations with dimensions to the section lines. This is a busy part. I see that you can create multiple sections and name them D for example....you just have to turn off all of the actual sections. I guess I will do this since there may not be a trick to get me there.

Create one real section & section cutting line.
Create a dummy section cutting line with arrows & notations, turn it into a block, and place that wherever a dummy section is needed.

thanks. I guess there would be no need for section lines that really dont section anything. Drawing and creating a block or turning off the multiple sections seem like the 2 choices. The block option creates the smaller file.

"you just have to turn off all of the actual sections"

Or... just move them outside the boundaries of your drawing so they don't print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back