Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple selection in V5 like in V4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpnet

Aug 5, 2003
IN
For multi selection user does *element type for various elements in CATIAV4. (eg. *pln, *color). Is there similar multiple selection command in CATIAV5? (Except edit+search, tools->hide/show-> all planes etc)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, try CNTRL+F and then take advantage of filtering options. I'm not sure from which version this is really available.

Cheers

In the Documentation review the section on "Using the Search Language" in the Infrastructure module. Using the Power Input Field you can do searches similar to those found in V4. For example if you wish to select all Planes then type in ".PLA*" and all the planes will be highlighted.

Jim

There's actually more multi-sel commands in V5 then in V4, but they are not as necessary and not as easy to use.

Everything is in EDIT+SEARCH

Jim mentioned the Power Input field. (I didn't know that .PLA* would work, but I'll try it) Here's a short list of some of the V4-like selections:

T=point select all points
T=line select all lines
T=cur* select all curves and lines
T=sur* select all surfaces
T=pl* select all planes
T=body select all solids
T=sk* select all sketches
Col=green select all elements with green color
N=*wheel* select element (or part) with “wheel” in name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back