Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiplying attributes in parts list - NX6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin0621

Aerospace
Sep 28, 2010
US
Based on customer requirements, the parts list on my drawing needs to have the quantites multiplied by 4. I know that sounds ridiculous but that's what they want. I am using the standard parts list for my test and the column listed "QTY" has attributes of "$~Q" in the default text field of the annotation style. I set an attribute in the assembly of "NO_ASSYS" equal to 4. I then tried to add the multiplier of "$~Q*<W@NO_ASSYS>. The result displays "1*4" in the QTY column for that component.
How can I get this to work in NX6?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What you've done is correct in terms of editing the value of the QTY field, however you have to make one additional change. Select the CELLS of of the QTY column (not the actual column, just the cells themselves), press MB3 and select 'Style'. When the dialog opens select the 'Cells' tab and in the middle of the dialog toggle 'ON' the 'Evaluate Cell as Formula' option and hit OK. The cells of the QTY column should now read as want them to.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back