Status
Not open for further replies.

JITHK

Structural
Oct 31, 2023
AU
thread178-466352

Dear Ani18 ,
i have searched for the AWS log (AWS Log: D1.1-06-I18b) for the whole day in web,but i didnt find out.
Can you please attach the same here.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Al,
request you to clarify thhis matter again(i saw your comments in earlier post).
Can multi process WQT is acceptable as per AWS D1.1?If so how can we calculate the qualified thickness?

I don't recollect AWS D1.1 having a provision for qualifying multiple welding processes using a single coupon. Likewise, I don't believe AWS D1.1 has a provision for qualifying more than one welder using a single coupon.

Best regards - Al

Dear Al,
I saw some forms in AWS official website which was mentioned for multi process.That means AWS is allowed to do so,right?but the qualified thickness range is not mentioned in anywhere.

Were the forms taken from AWS D1.1 or B2.1? B2.1 is very similar to ASME Section IX, as such, there are provisions to consider the thickness of the test coupon as well as the thickness of the weld deposit. D1.1 only considers the thickness of the test coupon, not the thickness of the weld deposited with multiple welding processes. If the Engineer allows the contractor to use AWS B2.1 as the basis of qualifying the WPS, multiple welding processes can be used to qualify the WPS.

Best regards - Al

Dear Al,
Thank you for your response.
the sample forms are given in AWS D1.1 itself,please find ANNEX J (Page number 420 -AWS D1.1 2020 EDN).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back