Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MX610 LASER MOUSE PROBLEMS (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toycept

Mechanical
Jan 28, 2004
US
I've been using the MX610 for about a year...every once in a while I get what seems like malfunctions... when I draw a circle, the cursor will start to draw the circle BUT will stop drawing that cirlce and start to draw another circle (without my releasing the mouse button). Like it rapid fires and keeps drawing circles. Same thing when drawing a square or other shape. Or.. sometimes I'll be able to select a point on a line looking to drag (extend) the line. Even though I can select the point, the cursor wont' drag the line. After clicking and releasing a few times... I'll finally be able to move the line. Stuff like that... the cursor seems to sometimes pick ....and then sometimes not pick the reference points.

I have all the logitech settings correct, and set to be used with SW.

anyone else having this experience... I'm trying to figure out whether it's a Logitech mouse thing, Solidworks issue or a windows issue.

thanks.

John

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have the exact same problem with my "Logitech Cordless Click Plus!"

I have the latest drivers.
I think it is a SW problem, because I dont have any other programs that do this.
I usually run in to this problem when trying to draw a three point arc. If I click for the first point, and then quickly move the cursor, it automatically clicks a second point for me next to the first point. Its very frustrating, I just have to slow down a little when I am working with sketches.

John,

I have the same problem with my Logitech cordless at home. My son (a computer repairman by trade) tells me the button switch contacts are getting dirty causing the switch bounce to be longer than the software debounce time constant. This causes the computer to see multiple switch closures. He advised me to disassemble the mouse and spray contact cleaner into the button switches, or buy a new mouse. I haven't done either yet.

Timelord

I have one of these mice, but don't have that problem. Maybe it's RF interference of some sort--or perhaps the receiver is too far away?

With my system, I have a keyboard/mouse tray--both with cordless devices--and I finally put the receivers under the desktop within 18" of each device. This helps eliminate interference from my monitor, wireless router, cordless phone, etc. and I have excellent performance with both the keyboard and mouse now.

The keyboard receiver sits on my system box (under desk) and the mouse receiver is on a USB extension lead taped nearby to the bottom of the desktop.

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back