Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My hydraulic sizing program

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNachtwey

Electrical
Oct 9, 2004
US
I have written a hydraulic sizing program for servo hydraulics. It calculate the minimum cylinder diameter, valve size, hpu size and accumulator size.
Hyd_sizing_parameters_sqjyna.png

hyd_sizing_plots_qlpcjl.png

The units can be changed from metric to imperial. The values calculated are minimums. The minimums are not usually available so the user must round the sizes up to the next available size.
Each time a parameter is changed the other parameters are updated.

The cylinder sizes use standard size tables. ISO for metric. Rexroth and Parker if imperial. However these values can be over ridden. Fields that are over ridden by the user are not updated or written over by the program. If the user wants the program to recalculate a field the user must enter a 0 into the field.

At this time we are distributing this to our tech support and sales managers. The formulas I use have been published in my articles in H&P over the last year.

The program is written in python but there is a way to convert the complied python to an .exe file so python does not need to be installed.

Peter Nachtwey
Delta Computer Systems

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back