Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

My Patran does not create .dat file for dytran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoenpon555

Mechanical
Aug 18, 2011
TH
I created problem about explicit nonlinear analysis, I selected analysis preference as dytran to output .dat file to run in dytran.
After I created all necessary input data, I hit the button in analysis tab, no dat file were generated. Could anyone know how to solve this problem ?

thank in advance

Charoenpon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have the same problem......No x.dat file was created after the modeling in Patran.
Could please anyone know how to solve this problem ?
Thank

Maybe I solve this problem.... But not totally.
If I run Patran (Version 2010 64 bit) from the desktop icon, it generate the x.dat file and save it in C:/Windows/Temp folder.
If I copy the Patran icon in the current work directory (setting " %cwd " in the property menu icon), it doesn't generate any x.dat file.
I don't know if it's a problem connected to the "administrator" privileges....
Maybe someone may help me to set the right patran options.......
My laptop runs with windows 8 64 bit and I alway launch Patran with the option "Run as administrator".....
Thank in advance.

Windows 8 is probably the reason. According to MSC Patran documentation, only Windows XP and 7 are supported for Patran 2012.2. I am sure Patran 2010.2 can also be running on XP and Windows 7, and Patran 2010 can be running on XP. But I am not sure if Patran 2010 can be running on Windows 7.

Yes... I think that it is a problem of compatability with Windows 8.
Luckily Patran is able to generate the x.dat file, even if saves it in the c:/Windows/Temp folder....
Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back