My project was postponed! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCISylvain

Computer
Jun 19, 2006
CA
Hi all,

My project is about a third completed and recently, <y team and I have been reallocated temporarily to a project which was in trouble. Having completed this task, we will soon return back to our project. Naturally, I would like to reflect that delay in my Gantt chart and basically move all the tasks to start from today and beyong. Because execution has already started, I can't change the start date of the project. I have tried to use a number of thing like leveling delay, but did have much success so far. When I try to level resouces everything goes back to a month ago when we switch back. I am not sure what is the best aprroach to solve this.

So my question is: What is the best way to reflect the postponing of a project during the execution phase?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi

Fistly is your project fully networked with no danglers ?

Secondly have you baselined your Project?

Thirdly are you inputing actual start and completion dates, and then resheduling your project?

If the answer to all these is yes then when you reschedule your project the start of the ramaining chain of activities will start at the time now date.

And thus the postponement in the project will be reflected against the baseline.

If the answer is to 1 and 2 is no and yes to 3 then you can use the "Adjust Dates" Macro built into Project.

This is found by View - toolbars - Analyse (must be ticked) This then gives you the analysis toolbar.

Then click on the adjust dates button.

Adjust the date suitably.

This will only move the dates which have not started.

Hope this helps :)

Hi Blonda,

The answer is no, yes and yes.

Using your approach solved my problem quite nicely.

I thank you very much for you help! :)

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back