Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NASGRO software

Status
Not open for further replies.

DdavidStress

May 4, 2009
US
Hello all,

I have been asked to perform Damage tolerance on a component using a specific software called NASGRO. I went to NASGRO website and noticed the cost of the software is 3600$ and not really eager to spend that much for a task I will probably use for 1/2 hour task

I noticed in the forums on the website, there was once a free copy of this provided to public domain but due some reason NASA (or owner's) removed it from the internet).

Any assistance on locating this copy would be greatly apprecited

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you've been specifically asked to use the program either yourself or your company agreed to perform the work with the subject software....time to open the wallet.

NASgro was free many version ago ... they do have a demo version. do you know why you were told to use NASGRO ? if it's going to be a once-off, you'll spend more time learning the software than solving the problem. if your company plans for you (or someone else) to do more work in the future then spend the $s. if you're "just" doing DTA, then a simple cycle counter is "all you need ... i use excel. the trouble is convincing other people that the analysis is good. you could try AFGROW, which was freely available some time back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back