Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NCG-Brine two phase flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeGrande

Chemical
Jun 17, 2006
IL
thread378-218923

I want to use the above thread as a reference to my question.

I consider designing a 3000 ft line carrying ~60000 mg/kg TDS brine with 1.2%w NCG (mainly free carbon dioxide?) at 350oF and 400 psig. Pipe route is horizontal but includes some vertical cross roads (10-20 feet vertical). Simulating this line yield slug bubble flow and my question to all of you is “so what”?
What can be the effect of this kind of flow on my process considering that the line can mechanically stand the slugs load?
Am I looking at possible NCG pockets in line?
Should I also look, like in the reference thread, on Froude number to insure as flow with liquid?

I would like to ask for your experience in this area to face my concerns. If any other concerns should be looked at, please raise them also.

I am aware of metallurgic problem but I do not want to deal with those

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If your pumps and other equipment can handle brine and then gas and brine again, and there's no slug impacts to worry about, and your tanks can take a rapid rise in level, then nothing, and you're not metering it, and other instruments won't get knocked off line or bent by a fast slug, and there's nobody standing by the outlet, there's not much more to it than what you already know.

"The problem isn't working out the equation,
its finding the answer to the real question." BigInch

By the way, if you can find a pump that handles that sort of treatment, please let everyone know.

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back