Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NDT estimation for a boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHARQ

Mechanical
Apr 14, 2002
I met with a project manager today who is responsible to build 15 new boilers. He informed me that I have per each boiler 17,000 joints to conduct various NDT tests. I want to make a rough estimation (+/- 10%) of NDT requirements. I have already received rates per day per each test from 6 NDT providers companies for the followings NDT tests

1- RT
2- UT
3- PT/MT
4- PMI
5- PWHT

I want to know how many times I need to conduct each NDT test per each boiler. In order for me to select the NDT provider with the most optimum cost.

Can someone help me on this please?

Regards

SHARQ

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I want to make a rough estimation (+/- 10%) of NDT requirements. I have already received rates per day per each test from 6 NDT providers companies for the followings NDT tests

Not enough information to answer your question. NDT requirements are provided by two sources - the Code of Construction for the boiler and the owner's (or Design Engineer's) contract documents. Until you review the above documents, I have no clue and either do you.

Ditto Met's comments.

Between ASME and client requirements, we have nearly 60,000 pressure parts receiving some sort of NDE, and 13 miles of membrane in a single boiler. We have other projects with 10% of that.

It all depends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back