Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a bit of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Lowbands

Aerospace
May 17, 2017
GB
Hi Gents,
Just a couple of questions I'm hoping someone will be good enough to help me with.
I have tried to find the answers but just can't.

Could someone point me too the commands to alter the contents of the Datum & GD&T boxes on 2D drawings with a macro? I would like to have pre-defined ones but can't find the commands in the automation file.

Could someone also give me a poke on how to create a dimension with a macro, any will do just so I get the idea?

and lastly
Does anyone have the roughstock code I could take a look at?
I've been told Radek either has it or wrote it but I don't know how to contact him.

thanks guys

best regards
Alan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Ferdo,
My thinking is that I can drop a Tolerance box on the drawing then run a script to fill in the details.
I'm using the same idea for different hole details which is making the drawing quicker to complete and a lot more consistent.
I have attached a jpeg showing what I mean.

I have looked at the Portable Script Centre, I was hoping to see the code for the rough stock mainly to see how it works.

thanks
Alan

GD_T_epdhes.jpg

Alan, I'm really a lazy guy when we talk about boring tasks, that's why I like programming [bigsmile] (I'm not a professional programmer by the way).

You can delete on that drawing everything, save with another name and let just what you captured in the jpg file. Is interesting what you are trying to do and maybe someone can test different things on that drawing. You will not find so easy peoples willing to recreate your problem.

Did you saw the code for bounding box?

Regards
Fernando

- Romania
- EU

Thanks for the reply Ferdo,
I have managed (with the help of yourself and the other guys here) to do most of the dimension annotations that I need.
I've found even simple scripts that create text boxes with predefined text inside make creating drawings much faster with zero spelling mistakes.
Things like "TYPICAL 2-PLACES" or "C/SINK TO SUIT M6 SCREW" cuts down on the mouse clicks :)
There is other stuff I would like to do but that will take a lot more learning on my part.
With the tolerance box I just need pointing in the direction of the commands in the automation file.
There doesn't seem to be any reference to it but I could be looking in the wrong places.

cheers
Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back