Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a Comprehensive list of Vibration Diagnostic Rules. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

manoj101

Computer
Apr 19, 2019
IN
I am a free-lance Software developer. Recently, I got a big project in my very 2nd assignment where I need to develop a Vibration Analysis Software for condition monitoring of some motors. One of the "Terms & Conditions" of the project is that there must be at least 200 pre-definded Vibration Diagnostic Rules already built-in the software. I searched a lot and could find a few Vibration diagnotic rules on sites like

and

It would be great if someone can point me from where I can get a comprehensive list of ready-made Vibration-Diagnostic rules (at least 200) which I can then convert in program and adopt in my software.

Many Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What is your definition of a "Rule"?
What is the Purpose and Function of the software?
What types of machines and plants would utilize this software?

There have been many attempts at rule-based diagnostic software using forward and backward logic, and perhaps other methods. These programs generally have had limited success, depending on who you ask. I have been in machinery diagnostics field quite a while, and I have not seen a "handy" list of 200 Rules ready to be "computerized"! It might be a good for you to work with a machinery vibration (and other parameters) expert to supplement your programming expertise.

Walt

Your client should know what diagnoses they want the software to make so you can accomplish the task to their specifications. Otherwise you are tasked with designing a tool without knowing what it should do.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back