Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

need a details of vertical and horizontal pipelines line out or straightness out allowance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2020
IQ
good morning sir
where i go to find the allowance of alignment out in vertical and horizontal pipes where is mentioned in section for example stainless steel line goes 10 meter height its plumpness is 5 mm out it is acceptable or not. and also project specification is not mentioned .. i am also referring section only i found the joint misalignment but i need a detail for plumpness or horizontal line out how many millimetre allowance its where mentioned in sections

thanking you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not quite certain of your meaning and usage of the term "plumpness"...

(This is a non-objective criteria I use in evaluating older women that I date..)

Are you referring to sections of fabricated piping systems that have a GREATER OUTSIDE DIAMETER than is acceptable ?

Or are you referring to sections of fabricated piping systems that are not installed in straight (i.e. non-mitered segements) ?

Or something else ?

To which specific codes and standards are you building to ?

Can you supply a sketch of the problem ?

MJCronin
Sr. Process Engineer

The OP means "plumbness" as in out-of-plumb or deviation from vertical. I am not aware of any code requirements, but I do not work to any codes. Some lines should be sloped to drain properly. Without any requirements the slope could be the wrong direction. I think it is something to specify on a case by case basis and could be a workmanship issue.

This is a workmanship issue and not the subject of any design code I know of.

The only place you find this is in the project or company construction specification.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back