Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a DG Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBlackEE

Electrical
Jul 11, 2008
US
I am trying to find a good DG course that I can take. I haven't found many options. I wanted to see who here has suggestions of specific institutions offering courses in continuing ed for Distributed Generation. I understand the basics and have read quite a few technical papers, but I am looking for something comprehensive. I guess another question is how others have picked up DG knowledge. Please help!

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Basler does a course every spring (or late winter). That's about the only one I know of; I took it many years ago, there have been several changes since then so I don't know how the present course stacks up.

The Basler DG course is still pretty good. It went thru a phase where it turned into a big marketing push, but the last time I went (2009) it had returned to a good set of technical presentations. Only problem is they do it once a year.

They also have a Power Control and Protection Class that covers similar topics.
Depending on your experience level you can also look at the courses offered by EGSA.
SEL has a number of courses, mostly in Washinton State, and all I've been to are very good, but not exactly what I'd call a DG course, but their power protection course covers a lot of what I thought applied.
Hope that helps, Mike L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back