Need Diameter symbol on dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankreid

Mechanical
Mar 9, 2007
US
Hello all,
I've been away a couple of years and having to reacquaint myself with my AutoCad 2008. I can't remember how to turn on the symbols on dimensions. I want to have the dia or radius symbols appear with the dimension. Simple, I know and I should have remembered it.
Thanks for your help,
Frank Reid

Frank Reid
Reid Engineering Services of Utah

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks, Occupant. Now I need to know where to apply it. I selected the two lines and where do I input this code?

Frank Reid

If you selected "Diameter dimension" it, obviously, is automatic. If it is a linear dimension, you can right click on it and select "Properties". Scroll down where it say "Text override" and type in "%%c<>"
Is that what you meant?

I tried that but no menu list shows when I right click it. But if I double click on it I get the Properties panel on the left of the screen. I typed that code into the Text Override box and that did it. Thanks for your help.
Frank

Frank Reid

Ok here's what to do-

Go into your dimension style, and set the prefix on your diameter dimensions to be %%c.

For dims already in, they ought to change/update.

Also, if you JUST want to change only SOME of your diameter dims to have the symbol, select the diameter dimension and in the PROPERTIES box, scroll down to TEXT and in the little box UNDER the "default" measurement, you'll see "TEXT OVERRIDE". Type %%C<> and it will put the diameter symbol in front of the default measurement. If you change the diameter of the circle (as long as the dimension is associative - dimassoc-2, the value will change, but the diameter symbol will still be there. This works for "R" in front of a RADIUS dimension, too.

Interesting side-note:
You can change the diameter of the circle itself by selecting the circle and in the PROPERTIES box change the value of the diameter (or radius) to the newly desired value. The circle will change on-screen, and the ASSOCIATED dimension WILL update, AND the diameter symbol will still be there !

Good luck and post back with results ?

-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back