Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need good suppliers for spare parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CncAutomates

Automotive
Aug 13, 2009
GB
Hello all,

I work for a company who stocks and sells parts for industrial automation and i was wondering if anyone knew some good suppliers for spare parts. Like ABB, Siemens, Kuka that sort of thing.
Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Where are you? Does the source need to be local?

Keith,
I picked up a Lenze servo drive I on a job once, they are rare in this country and when I've seen them, they sold for around $400 used. It had no manual and nobody knew if it ran, so I got it free. I found a manual, set up a test bench, put it through it's paces and reset the programming to factory defaults, made it all ready to go. Up to the day I listed it, nobody had been selling one for at least 3 months and I got over 1000 views, over 100 questions but no bids yet. I figured that was OK because I've found that a lot of people don't enter bids until the last minute. But within 3 days of my listing it, 4 other people listed the exact save drive! None of us got over $100 for them...

"If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe." -- Abraham Lincoln
For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

Yeah Jeff, I look up these modules and see they're $250! Then Then I search for them and there is a surplus PLC website. There they're 20% off that.

Then I look on eBay and find them for ten cents on the dollar. <sigh>

CncAutomates; That reminds me. Have you seen that Surplus PLC Warehouse?

Keith Cress
kcress -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back