Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Good Sweep/Multi-Section Solid Advanced Tutorials/Training/Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarkus

Mechanical
Jul 11, 2001
CA
I'm working on a complex multi-section solid that I would like to be able to make as robust and simple as possible. My problem is that CATIA V5 (R18) keeps splitting up the faces into too many segments.

Additionally, I would like to be able to control the minimum radii of the new faces so that I can offset the surfaces in a shell or thicken operation successfully.

I have attached an image of the model. Any tips or other information is appreciated.

Thanks,
JM

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Improve the quality of the profiles (CATIA will generate a seperate surface for each curvature continious profile segment, ratio coupling will map each profiles discontinuities against its neighbours in a ratio of segment length, hence you get lots of unnecessary surface patches) and change the coupling. Do the profiles have the same number of segments? if so vertex coupling would be the easiest. Failing that you could try the tangency or tangency/curvature these will only work if the resultant has the same number of resulting discontinuities. Failing that manually couple the profiles to get the result you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back