Status
Not open for further replies.

DesEngineer4

Mechanical
Feb 19, 2013
IN
Hello,
Greetings..!

I’m looking to manufacture few Plastic ID parts; one of it was attached herewith. The volume we require is very few (less than 10 qty). I have been tried vacuum casting (with silicon mold) to produce these parts, but not happy with the quality there were fitment issues while assembly. As of now, procuring these parts from China via CNC manufacturing but the cost was high. Also, we can’t go through Injection molding as we can’t bare the tooling cost. I’m exploring alternate ways or procedures, need your help or suggestions on this matter. I have attached the step file of it; please have a look at it and suggest a way to produce these parts economically with better quality.

Thanks & Regards,
Sam

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=cdbe3925-8cf0-4464-876d-7c1470d3e161&file=Sample_Part.stp
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've seen parts made by our local guy (UK) which looked like they were off a highly polished injection mould tool.

Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement.

Apologies.
Should have added: vacuum cast from PU off silicone tooling. Rapid prototype company.

Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back