Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with an "Error Recovery message

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKKing

Mechanical
Sep 12, 2014
US
I am getting an message dialog box that is saying Error recovery completed for the following error: Internal Error. I get this when I go to the layer dialog box and switch all layers off and then turn them back on. the error shows up when hitting ok to close out of this dialog box. It seems to correct everything but not sure what is causing this issue.
I have done a part clean up and saved it after the fact but still get the error. File has also been reloaded and same issue.

The reason for using the layer dialog box is that we will be loading more parts into this file for clearance issues checks and we were getting the layers set up for this action.

any help would be great.

Kevin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check out your log file under help. Do a search for your error and see if you can understand what is going on. If not call GTAC this will be file they will be reading also.

Any and all 'Internal errors' should be immediately reported to GTAC. Be sure to save your syslogs from sessions where this error occurs.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Thanks for your assistance on this. I have not sent it to GTAC yet as when I opened the suspect file on my machine I can manage the layers without any issues, but the end user still sees the issues. I am going to have him do a restart of his NX to see if this clears up the issues. If not, then I will forward the file and syslog for them to take a look at it.

If this is only showing up on one system, then you should check the following items (in descending order) and compare them to how your system is set relative to these items:

Dialog memory
Customer defaults
Environment variables

But whatever you do, if you feel that you need to contact GTAC, syslogs will be absolutely necessary.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back