need help with pattern feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozcar

Aerospace
Mar 17, 2023
NL
Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a model that we can update using imported expressions. Some of it is working, but some parts I cannot get to work as I intended beforehand. I have created a simplified version and hope that someone here can help me figure this out.

The idea is that we have an ellipse with a number of points on it plus a point in its "center". Lines connect the points on the ellipse to the centerpoint, so 6 "radial" lines if we have 6 points. I want the number of radial lines to be updated automatically when I change the number of points on the ellipse.

Ellipse_6_radial_lines_roolye.png
Ellipse_12_radial_lines_ysnane.png

I did the following:
[ul]
[li]created the ellipse from the library[/li]
[li]halved it for simplicity[/li]
[li]created 6 points on it by curve length[/li]
[li]created the center point[/li]
[li]created a feature pattern that patterns the centerpoint to the 6 circumference points (i did this to later reuse the feature pattern)[/li]
[li]created a feature group containing a [sketch of a point that is constrained to the ellipse] and [a line from the centerpoint to the sketch][/li]
[li]created a pattern feature of above feature group[/li]
[/ul]

Selecting and deselecting some of the references that the pattern feature can reuse, I am finding some solution none of which are the result I am looking for. The best I am managing is this:

Best_result_so_far_fgegho.png

Upload of the partfile:
[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/raw/upload/v1690880199/tips/line_pattern_sguqz4.prt[/url]

What am I doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back