Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need IR thermometer with datalogging capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTD0

Mechanical
Oct 3, 2015
US
Hello,

I tried to look through omega catalog online, also looked at fluke and couldnt quite find what I needed.

I need an infrared temperature datalogger, but not the handheld kind. It has to be something I can mount with a bracket for continuous monitoring at a set distance. I will be monitoring brake rotor temperature using this device so it can't be the point and shoot type (too big and clumsy wont fit in the wheel well of a car).

It has to be under the 350 dollar range and I need this device in my hands by thursday (I live in southeast US).

It needs to be able to sample at 1-2 sample/sec or better and be able to store at least 30 minutes of data, download it to a computer for later analysis. One channel is fine as long as it can log data and export as CSV or like format.

I found one made by Extech but it had pretty bad reviews and looks difficult to mount(handheld type).

Please help me find this device, I will be forever grateful!!

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back