Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need pinout for a Chipmaster 3000 programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wulff707

Aerospace
May 2, 2006
US
I have a Logical Devices, Chipmaster 3000. It has a 37 pin female D-Connector for attaching to the computer. I checked with Logical Devices and they told me they no longer have the cables.
Does anyone have any information on this unit? I don't know if it is a serial or printer port driven and LD didn't know either!
HELP!! I would like to use this programmer without having to go out and buy another one.
Can anyone please help?
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

All I can suggest is dig a little deeper into the company and get a schematic or wiring diagram or wire list for the cable, so you can build it yourself.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Thanks for the reply Mike, I talked to the tech there and he said he didn't know anything about it and said they still have software and a manual avail for it ($60) and "thinks" there may be a pinout in the manual (I have heard that this company won't go out of their way to help on older stuff and I guess it's true as how hard would it be for this guy to look in a manual to actually see if there is a pinout?!!)
I plan on doing what you suggest and make my own cable (I even picked up all the hardware I need) but I do need the pinouts or the schematics and I am afraid the only way this will happen is if someone has this information and is willing to share it!!
I really would like to make use of this programmer for the little bit of programming I do as I would not want to buy a new one that would sit for 6-months at a time.
Thanks again Mike, for taking time to respond.
-Phil

Hi wulff

Jeez I thought this would be an easy locate unfortunately all I could come up with was the 6000 series, I will bet if you post this in another forum you will get more info. Here is a link for Programmable logic controller forum.

Good luck, Chuck

Hi wulff,
I think you are out of luck. I have the Chipmaster 3000 programmer also. The cable you talked about attaches to the pogrammer and an ISA adaptor card that came with the system. I have the system working but don't have the latest SW. I wonder if you have the SW for it or not. If you do, can you tell me what version it is ? mine is 2.01. I am looking for the newer SW to burn GAL22V10D if it exists.

Boca, if you have a working system, maybe you and wulff could make a trade. You buzz out the pin-to-pin connection on the cable and he gets you the latest software he has.

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back